YOU GUYS. It’s almost the start of yet another new year.
It’s so wild to think that at this time next week, we’ll be officially in 2018.
However, before 2018 can worm it’s way into our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls — it goes without saying that reflecting on 2017 is a must. In doing so I consider all the promises I made for this year at the start of it and consider if I was able to keep those promises.
If I’m being completely honest with y’all, there were some promises from 2017 I was able to keep, but others I failed miserably at. Whether it was due to particular circumstances or whatever the case might have been, it definitely wasn’t due to a lack of trying. However, in the event that I did fail I would do everything I could to try again. For instance, instead of letting myself get down about not reacting to situations as well as I would have hoped, I’d reset, try again, and hope to do better for the next time.
& that’s just it.
There’s beauty in the reset.
There’s beauty in the allowance this life provides us to start fresh whenever we want and make ourselves over to fit whoever we wish to become in that moment or the next.
With that being said, keep reading for my 18 Promises for 2018 — as I attempt to reset and create myself anew for the start of yet another new year.
18 Promises for 2018
- I promise to remain calm in trying situations and not let my reactions to circumstances define where I go from there.
- I promise to lead a healthier lifestyle and make better decisions about what goes on, in, or near my body.
- I promise to get serious about Youtube and make videos sharing beauty, lifestyle, and food chats to better connect with you babes.
- I promise to seek God’s words more and look to him for guidance when certain aspects of life take me off course or lead me astray.
- I promise to be more welcoming of new connections and not assume every new person is like the one before them.
- I promise to workout at least 3x a week and come to truly enjoy it because gosh I want a snatched ass body for 2018 LOL.
- I promise to make purposeful efforts to grow my blog and expand its audience because I have so much I want to share with you guys and am really passionate about building a community of millenial babes here on WLT.
- I promise to sleep better and for longer, understanding that studying and working is important, but sleep… that’s golden.
- I promise to take two minutes to reset when things get… difficult. Recognizing that no one ever tackled a difficult task with an angered soul or contrite heart.
- I promise to become more accepting of change
- I promise to build up my emergency fund ($$$) to better standing in case of well… emergencies like a must have new pair of heels.
- I promise to show my love for those I care for in more ways than just through my words.
- I promise to donate my time and energy to a good cause and give back to an organization that promotes the welfare of others.
- I promise to put more passion into my love of writing personal pieces by sharing more of them with you babes.
- I promise to be me and remain rooted in my beliefs, and never change who I am for the added comfort of another.
- I promise to create a reference jar filled with impactful moments and splendid memories I experience in the new year, and bask in all the wonderful moments 2018 brought me this time next year.
- I promise to make more time for breakfast. After all, it’s not said to be the most important meal of the day for nothing.
- I promise to do my best to keep my promises for this new year. Knowing that if and when I fail to do so, I can always reset.
Because there’s beauty in the reset.
Happy upcoming 2018 peeps.